The Conway Recreation Department is happy to announce that biddy soccer is back for the fall of 2019. This popular program will take place on Wednesday afternoons beginning on September 11th . This five week, 40 minute program will introduce the game of soccer to children. There will be two sessions (3:40-4:20 & 4:20-5:00 p.m.) We will work on basic skills as well as fun competition. There is limited space for this program so be sure to register right away. The registration fee is $10 & the deadline is Friday September 6th. Transportation will be provided to the Rec. Dept. from Pine Tree School. Conway Elementary School students will be dismissed directly to Conway Rec Staff. Volunteers are greatly appreciated, see Michael Lane.
The Conway Recreation Department will be offering Field Hockey for girl’s in grades 3rd-6th. All participants must be registered by Friday September 6th. Field hockey will begin for ALL players on Wednesday September 11th. This program will run every Monday & Wednesday through October 16th. Players will be separated into two teams, a 3rd and 4th grade team and a 5th and 6th grade team. Game times will differ from practice times. Transportation will be provided to the Rec. Dept. from Pine Tree School. Conway Elementary School students will be dismissed directly to Conway Rec Staff. The cost of the program is $10.
The Conway Recreation Department will be offering soccer for boys & girls in grades 3rd-6th. All participants must be registered by Friday September 6th. Players will be separated into two teams (3rd & 4th grade team & 5th & 6th grade team). Teams will practice on Tuesday. Games will be played against other towns which will include Saturdays. A rec bus will be offered for transportation from Pine Tree Schools on practice dates. Conway Elementary students will be dismissed directly to Conway Rec Staff. The cost of the program is $10. The first day of this program will be Tuesday September 17th.
The Conway Recreation Department will once again be offering a travel soccer program for boys & girls in grades 5th & 6th. All participants must be registered by Friday September 6th & there is a registration fee of $30. There is a limit of 14 players for this travel team. If more than 14 players register, players will be run through a try-out to determine who makes the team. Practices will be held on Monday & Wednesday nights from 5-6 p.m. Games days will vary throughout the week and the team will participate in three or four tournaments. There is not a rec bus offered for practices on Monday and Wednesday’s. The program will begin on Wednesday September 11th.
The Conway Recreation Department will be offering Flag Football to all children in grades 2nd- 4th. Children must be registered by Friday September 6th at 3:00 p.m. Try-outs will be held for NEW players on Friday September 6th from 3:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. (A rec bus will be offered from Pine Tree School, Conway Elementary Students will be dismissed directly to Conway Rec Staff). All new players will be drafted onto teams. Practices & games will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays evenings. The cost of the program is $10. Reminder – Children participating in the North Conway Community Center Tackle Football Program are NOT eligible for the Conway Recreation Department flag football program. The program will run through the end of October.
The Conway Recreation Department will be offering fall pond Hockey at the Ham Arena beginning on Friday September 20th and running through Friday October 11th. This unique program allows kids who have never tried hockey to participate without having to purchase equipment. Equipment is provided by the Ham Arena including skates. The cost of this program is $15 and children must be registered by Friday September 13th.
Children who play squirts, peewees or bantams for MWVYHA are not eligible.
- This program is designed to allow children to try the game of hockey who may not normally have the opportunity due to the cost restrictions of equipment and ice time. All equipment is provided by the Ham Arena free of charge. This program is NOT designed to teach your child to skate or play hockey. There is little to no instruction involved. The intent of this program is to throw the puck out on the ice and let the kids go have fun. We fully expect them to fall, slip and slide and that is ok. We highly recommend bringing your child to public skating prior to the first day if they have never tried skating before. We will accept first time skaters however the success rate for having fun is much higher if they try skating before covered in hockey equipment. For further questions, please contact Michael Lane at (603)447-5680.
All players should be at the Ham Arena by 4:10 p.m.
The Conway Parks & Recreation Department has a new home. We are located on the campus of Kennett Middle School in Conway Village. All fall programs will take place on the field located behind Conway Elementary. The rec bus will pick kids up from Pine Tree daily and deliver them to the field to rec staff. Rec Staff will dismiss Conway Elementary Students on the day of their programs at approximately 3:30 p.m.
- The Conway Parks and Recreation Department staff is not responsible for the supervision of siblings who are not participating in programs.
- Schedules to all programs will be handed out on the first day of the program as well as posted online at www.conwayrec.com by September 11th.
- Parents wishing to volunteer should see administrative assistant Lynore Wagner to fill out a background check.
- If you would like to register, go to www.conwayrec.com or stop by our office Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- How to learn about all our programs, follow us on social media. We are on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
- Participants must be residents of Conway or Albany to participate, no exceptions.